Sunday, June 27, 2010

Now I know why the pros take EPO



Well we just got up and Mac is raring to go. "I was born to cycle." he told his Mom yesterday.
"Can I go on that waterside again?"
Yesterday we did get to the pools at the Ramada. Mackie's was 5 inches too short for the slide but the lifeguards let him on when they saw him swim. The slide hurdles you down four stories in a constant tight right corkscrew turn. "Dada go faster! Lie down on your back and you'll go faster! It's awesome!"
It is awesome. The force that glues you to the walls of the slide at hundreds of kilometers an hour is awesome. I think they test astronauts here. When you are just about to pass out, the slide spits you into hurtling white water and you have a ten metre swim through the froth to save yourself. Mac and I tested our space-worthiness dozens of times before enjoying the all you can eat Prime rib buffet. Chevy Chase never made a movie like this. Is this what the Tour de France riders do at their hotels? No wonder they need performance enhancing drugs.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to talk to you about your adventures. xo Alison

    ReplyDelete